What's the Deal.......
with the Atlanta CIS office? Don't they know that all we need is one little piece of paper from them to send our dossier to China? Don't they care? Don't they care that they don't stack up to the other regional offices? I've noticed people getting their 171 approval in 4-5 weeks from other areas of the country. Why does our region have to be the one that has fallen behind in their work? I actually looked online at jobs with the CIS and yes, Atlanta is hiring!! I think they need help. Why is it taking 90+ days to process? Why is the sky blue?
Why couldn't we get pregnant? No, scratch that one; I already know the answer.
Why are there so many loving, capable and willing parents yearning to have a child; and so many orphaned, precious children feeling like nobody wants them?
Guess you have figured out we still haven't received our 171H. It has been 6 weeks since our homestudy was mailed to Atlanta and we haven't even received acknowledgment that it arrived. I know that God would not put this mission in our hearts if it is not the right path for us. I am still concerned about getting a log in date and getting approval from the CCAA (China Center of Adoption Affairs) before any new regulations are in place.
Thanks to my wonderful friend and gifted pastor, Bill Barlow. I hope you know how you have touched my life and how your wisdom helps me everyday. Today I decided to go shopping- well, looking for ideas for Kara's room (yes, I think we are sticking with Kara Dian- hope you like it mom) and I had to leave the store because I started to cry. I'm not very good at waiting. I feel like we are wasting time and each day that goes by is one less day we will have with Kara.
Anyway, as I was sitting in the car crying, I noticed a lesson that Bill had given me entitled "The Wisdom of Waiting on God". Wow, it's as if the lesson was written for me. I promise to try and do better, as I have learned from Isaiah 30:18 ........Blessed are those who wait for Him.

Why couldn't we get pregnant? No, scratch that one; I already know the answer.
Why are there so many loving, capable and willing parents yearning to have a child; and so many orphaned, precious children feeling like nobody wants them?
Guess you have figured out we still haven't received our 171H. It has been 6 weeks since our homestudy was mailed to Atlanta and we haven't even received acknowledgment that it arrived. I know that God would not put this mission in our hearts if it is not the right path for us. I am still concerned about getting a log in date and getting approval from the CCAA (China Center of Adoption Affairs) before any new regulations are in place.
Thanks to my wonderful friend and gifted pastor, Bill Barlow. I hope you know how you have touched my life and how your wisdom helps me everyday. Today I decided to go shopping- well, looking for ideas for Kara's room (yes, I think we are sticking with Kara Dian- hope you like it mom) and I had to leave the store because I started to cry. I'm not very good at waiting. I feel like we are wasting time and each day that goes by is one less day we will have with Kara.
Anyway, as I was sitting in the car crying, I noticed a lesson that Bill had given me entitled "The Wisdom of Waiting on God". Wow, it's as if the lesson was written for me. I promise to try and do better, as I have learned from Isaiah 30:18 ........Blessed are those who wait for Him.
















4 Comments:
At 1:00 PM,
The Princess's Mommy said…
Hey Tina,
Could you make me a copy of that lesson? I'm having a little trouble in the patience department myself! :-)
At 9:08 PM,
Russ and Lisa W. said…
Hi Tina,
Girlfriend, try to be patient. I want to say it took Russ and me about that long too. It will come when you least expect it! Sometimes I get frustrated too. When Russ and I started we were told from start to finish would be about 8 to 10 months. Well, November will be 1year from the start of our paper chase. Keep your chin up and as Russ says, Keep your eyes on the prize!You can call me anytime you want to vent it you want. My number is in the datebase. Send me an email and I will sent you my cell number. We are all here for you!
At 8:01 PM,
Hope for Lucy said…
Hey Tina
Patience is something that I dont have....just ask my family. Im so thankful that Ms. Lily was on the Waiting Child list. She was just waiting on us to come and get her. If you ever need anything, please call me or come and see Lily. Your sweet angel is waiting for you guys!
Love
Connie
At 12:43 PM,
Anonymous said…
We too have started the wait for the Atlanta CIS office and our I171. I was really hoping to have all this done by the holidays. Our homestudy didn't get their until end of Sep. so our three month wait is just beginning. But..God has a hand in it....His Hand...and there is comfort in that...even if he has to work through a slow, behind the game governmental agency. Keep hoping and praying for things to speed up or for patience if they don't.
Sheryl
Post a Comment
<< Home