Welcome, We are Tim and Tina Hammond and this is our story of a Love Worth Finding!

Friday, November 02, 2007

Do you believe?


Do you believe there are angels among us? Back in 1997 I had to fly to Dallas to train some new sales reps at work. I had never flown before and I was terrified. The flight was actually soothing for some reason. My grandmother had just passed away and (I know this is weird) the clouds made me feel close to her. So I arrived in Dallas and went to the car rental counter. At this point it was late at night and I was nervous about trying to find my way to the hotel in the dark.
I took a bus (no one was on this big scary bus except me and the driver, now remember this was my first airport experience so I had no idea what was going on). We must have rode for a mile (which seemed like 5) and I was thinking "oh my goodness, this guy is taking me off somewhere and no one will ever find me". Just when the first tear started to run down my cheek he looked in the mirror and told me not to worry we'd be at the rental pick-up soon.
So, I finally make it to the rental car and head down the interstate. After driving for about an hour I decided that I would stop and ask for help to see how much further I had to go.
I pulled in the nearest gas station and there were several people in the parking lot. One man approached me (I clearly looked lost and out of place). I told him that I was supposed to meet someone and gave him the name and address to the hotel. He told me to follow him. We drove and drove and drove..........
When we finally arrived at my hotel I realized we had gone over 30 miles. He rolled down his window, I offered to give him some cash for his gas and he refused the money and drove away.
After I checked in the room I realized what a dangerous situation that could have been, and as I prayed I realized that I had just met an angel.
Alabama - Angels A...

4 Comments:

  • At 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How awesome that was, it gave me chills.

    Becky

     
  • At 5:14 PM, Blogger redmaryjanes said…

    Yes, I know that angels have worked in my life. I believe without a doubt that angels come to help guide and protect us.

     
  • At 8:34 PM, Blogger Sharon said…

    Thanks for sharing that! I'm so glad that angel took care of you because it really sounded like a terrible experience!!

     
  • At 7:34 AM, Blogger The Princess's Mommy said…

    How scary!! I am glad there was an angel there to help you! Whew, you are brave....
    Love,
    Monica

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

 

-->