SOME PEOPLE.........

I consider myself to be a nice person. I always try to be considerate to others and try to keep my mouth shut if I don't have anything nice to say. Rude people irritate me.
Picture this, I'm the Human Resource Administrator at work so a typical day involves listening to employee's personal problems. That part of my job makes me realize how blessed and thankful I am to not have any major needs or catastrophes in my life.
This afternoon an employee brought me a request to take a vacation day and said "you sure are lucky you don't have any kids". Now, being the considerate person that I am, I usually politely laugh just to get the person out of my office quickly.
This guy really struck a chord and before I knew it, I was telling him that was not a very nice thing to say to someone that can not have kids. So his IGNORANT response was "well, you know I do feel sorry for women like you that can not have kids, that's kinda your purpose in life". OH MY!
Now I'm really upset and trying to be professional about it. He continued to say "I have some women friends that are my age and they just never wanted to have kids, I think that's selfish". So I did my best to send him on his way and went to the bathroom to cry. UGH, some people are just (pardon me) STUPID.
Yesterday was our 9 month LID anniversary- are we there yet??















4 Comments:
At 8:19 PM,
The Princess's Mommy said…
Hey! Sorry you had a bad day! Hope the rest of the week is better!
Love,
Monica
At 8:30 PM,
Tina said…
I hope you denied his vacation request!!
At 6:42 PM,
Russ and Lisa W. said…
Some people just have NO TACT!
lol I like what Tina said..."I hope you denied his vacation request!!" I hope you denied it also!! We are at 18 months lid. I am starting to get as depressed as Russell ALREADY is. But I try to keep looking at the bright side...18 months down and hopefully less than that to go. I love you Tina. Don't let JERKS like that get to you. Eacy said than done, But next time. Get you DENIED stamp out and start stamping!!!
Love Ya Honey!!
Lisa
At 2:27 AM,
Don and Be said…
Wow! I feel like a brain surgeon after reading about that guy.
We are in the Waiting Room with you and hope that the remaining time brings you support and encouragement.
Don & Be
Post a Comment
<< Home