Welcome, We are Tim and Tina Hammond and this is our story of a Love Worth Finding!

Friday, November 24, 2006

The best

This has been the best day! Me and Tim got up and headed to Wal-Mart at 3:30 AM to catch the good deals. For those of you who have never been shopping on black Friday, it's really hilarious to go and watch all the hungry shoppers (including myself).
So, back to the good part. Wal-Mart had early bird specials starting at 5 am and all the items are 'hidden' under black shrink wrap and there are signs on the pallets asking customers not to rip open the pallets until 5. At 4 am they pass out maps that show where items are hidden in the store. So, we were looking for a computer that was a secret item only advertised online. We stood for over an hour near the area where these computers were supposed to be located. At about 10 till 5 some anxious ladies tore open the skid that had the $49 portable DVD players. This is not what we were there for, but I had Tim grab one anyway because the frenzy was just too irresistible.
Me and about 40 other people were standing by the stock doors waiting on the $148 computers to roll out....(I think they had 10 computers per store!). One lady that I had been talking to asked a W-M worker where we could find that particular computer and he pointed us to a skid.
So we fought our way out of the electronics department and made it to the registers. The computers scanned for $499. Uh oh. I really didn't want it that bad. So we left the computer in the buggy and the cashier was going to have someone come get it. On our way out of the store I saw the lady that had helped me find the computer and she was next in line to check-out. I told her that computer was $499 and she told the cashier that we were told they were the special secret items and they sold them to us for $148 ! Wow, I feel bad but I got a new $499 computer for $148. We shopped all day; the one thing I wanted was a HDTV w/ CD for Kara's room but did not find one.
When we got home we had a surprise in the front door. Our paperwork is back from Houston!!!
We should be DTC by December 1. What a great day !

2 Comments:

  • At 3:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WOW! That's so great! You are too funny! Congrats on getting your papers back! Keep praying we won't be too far behind ya! Love, Monica

     
  • At 10:54 PM, Blogger Russ and Lisa W. said…

    YEAH!! What WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

 

-->