Welcome, We are Tim and Tina Hammond and this is our story of a Love Worth Finding!

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Day 28

I know, I've got to stop counting days. The next step is fingerprinting for DHR.
We were both fingerprinted once last week but the prints were smeared and did not come out good enough to use. I was nervous because I knew we only had 2 fingerprint cards and if you mess up the state will not accept them. So- now we have to do them over.
The worst part is that the police department only does fingerprinting for adoptions twice a month. So now we are back to waiting. Processing in Montgomery takes 8-10 weeks and our homestudy can not be completed until the results are sent to the social worker.
It is amazing how much red-tape there is to an adoption. I know it is a good thing that the state and government does an extensive check before placing a child in a home, I just wish it did not take so longggggg.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

 

-->