The journey begins
I think I always knew that I would never have any biological children. I just never could picture myself pregnant, I knew deep down that was not God's plan (don't get me wrong, we have tried for years to have bio children. After the first year we found out that I have PCOS, polycystic ovarian syndrome).
So, after years of denying our feelings and being afraid of the process and cost of adoption, we finally did it! We are taking steps to begin our adoption process.
Tim works with a guy that is also in the early stages of the process so it helps to have someone to compare notes with. We've also joined an email group of families who have either adopted or are currently in the process. Everyone is wonderful and it's great to be able to post questions and have 10 to 20 answers from people that have been through the process.
We sent off our "preliminary application" to the adoption agency on Friday, May 5, 2006 and are patiently awaiting the next step (the application usually takes 5 days to process).
To get a jump on things, Tim sent off for 3 official copies of his birth certificate and is going to the Health Dept. tomorrow to get mine. We are also going to the court house tomorrow to apply for passports. The next step is the Home Study and I've heard it can take anywhere from 1-6 months depending on the agency used.
So, thanks for following our adoption story and check back often. We've just begun our journey to bring our baby home!















0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home