Ups and Downs
This journey has proven to be a roller coaster ride of emotions. One day we get to be excited because we have completed another piece of paperwork, gotten another certification, or stuck something in a big trackable envelope and paid extra fees for expedited shipping. Why? Who knows, at this point our wait may be anywhere from 14-36 months (at least that's what's floating around on the rumor boards). So now you know what kind of day today is.......a downer!
It's so much like the years we spent trying to get pregnant. Each cycle you get your hopes up waiting. Now I just feel like the end of each day (when I see that certain envelope is not in the mailbox) is a missed opportunity to move forward in our progress. I do have faith in the Lord above, and I realize that my faith is being tested. I just need to chill out and realize that God is in control and everything will work out (***sigh***) That's tough.
We met 2 wonderful people in Birmingham at the Adoption Clinic. Monica and Steve Carter from Athens. They are about a half a step behind us in the process and they have ran into a bump in the road (every little step can be so frustrating because you find yourself waiting on someone to do their part before you can move on). I know I'm rambling and this may not be making a whole lot of sense. So, I know that there are a lot of friends and family praying for our journey and I would like each of you to pray for Monica and Steve also. They are 2 wonderful, caring people and we feel blessed to share this journey with them.
It's so much like the years we spent trying to get pregnant. Each cycle you get your hopes up waiting. Now I just feel like the end of each day (when I see that certain envelope is not in the mailbox) is a missed opportunity to move forward in our progress. I do have faith in the Lord above, and I realize that my faith is being tested. I just need to chill out and realize that God is in control and everything will work out (***sigh***) That's tough.
We met 2 wonderful people in Birmingham at the Adoption Clinic. Monica and Steve Carter from Athens. They are about a half a step behind us in the process and they have ran into a bump in the road (every little step can be so frustrating because you find yourself waiting on someone to do their part before you can move on). I know I'm rambling and this may not be making a whole lot of sense. So, I know that there are a lot of friends and family praying for our journey and I would like each of you to pray for Monica and Steve also. They are 2 wonderful, caring people and we feel blessed to share this journey with them.



2 Comments:
At 9:17 PM,
The Princess's Mommy said…
Oh Tina! You are so sweet. Thank you for thinking of us! We are so blessed to have gotten to share this journey with you and Tim! We're all going to make it, I just know it! Love, Monica
At 9:00 AM,
Russ and Lisa W. said…
Russ and I know where you are coming from. We have been there, done that, and still doing it! You are apart of a large and wonderful group and we are all here for each other for things just like this. Tues. Aug 29th will be 4 months from LID and we STILL have not gotten our brown envelope. I for one do not read ANY rumor boards. I just don't think I could have a normal day if I did. Now Russ on the other hand, I can't keep him off there. I tell him NOT TO TELL ME ANYTHING FROM THOSE THINGS unless it is Good News. I still find the wait is ling, but you don't have all that extra stress of all the rumors. When we all have our children in our arms, we are gonna say...WHAT WAIT! lol Have a Wonderful Day! I hope to meet you at Max & Kathy's next month!!
Love, Lisa
Post a Comment
<< Home