Fire !

What a day this has been! I got some great news about Nathan today so I was excited to talk to my sister when I got home from work.
It's been months since I've actually cooked a meal at home (stay with me and you'll find out why).
So, tonight Tim was actually getting off work at a decent hour and I was going to have dinner ready when he hit the door. I got the grill ready, put on the ribs and then called my sister to talk about her day. Minutes later I noticed a big cloud of black smoke rolling by my living room window. OH NO, the grill is on fire! I told my sister I had to go and ran out the back door. Well, when I opened the door all the smoke rolled into the house. Our fire alarm went off (one of those really loud 24/7 monitored alarms) At this point I turned off the burners, cut off the gas at the tank and went in the house to try and find the code to turn off the very loud alarm coming from the eve of my house. Neighbors were pounding on the front door telling me to get out of the house, one lady tried to open our gate to let my poor dogs out of the back yard. Minutes later the fire department showed up and checked out everything. How embarrassing, now the whole neighborhood knows I can't cook ! Well, this was not a typical quiet Monday night at the Hammond House!
Happy Belated Mother's Day to all you Moms out there. Anyone know how to get the stink of smoke out of your house?















3 Comments:
At 6:15 AM,
Russ and Lisa W. said…
lol that sounds like something that could happen to me!!!!!!
Love Ya, Lisa
At 9:36 AM,
Hope for Lucy said…
Oh my goodness! You and both having something in common....I dont cook either (much). I cant wait to see you guys again....we miss you!
Love you both!
Green Party of Four
At 12:00 AM,
Denna said…
Oh Tina. Bless your heart. That is funny. I bet you was embarrassed. I hate to cook also.
Post a Comment
<< Home